Written by Ryan Harmon, Sales
With more than half of the holiday season behind us and the rest just around the corner, your party planning might be complete. However, for many people who hosted a traditional sit-down dinner for Thanksgiving, the thought of having to create the same atmosphere with a different menu for the December holidays can be such a daunting task that they procrastinate until the very last minute.
If this describes you this year, consider taking a more casual, fun approach and host a cocktail party instead.
When you think of food for a cocktail party, your first thought will be hors-d’oeuvres. These small bites are often made in advance and served cold or at room temperature. This allows you the freedom to mingle with your guests instead of getting stuck slaving away in the kitchen.
Here are some tips to enhance how you can display and serve your appetizers to impress your guests this holiday season:
- Trays are a great way to display and serve appetizers on. They can be set out on a table and easily replenished. Place a thin layer of baby arugula as a base on the tray and set your apps on top of that. If you have hired an event staff to help manage the food and bar at your event, the trays also work perfectly for passed appetizers as your guests mingle the room. Our black or white passing tray is a great option to add a little modern flair to any party. These trays also work well for a welcome glass of champagne.
- Consider adding risers or blocks to help elevate your food displays. These are a great way to add some height contrast to your table and overall décor. Risers also help create additional space, so you can maximize the surface area on your table.
- Offering hors-d’oeuvres that are easy to pickup and mingle with is a great way to have your guests constantly moving and talking with one another. Consider using our line of small bite products. They come in a variety of sizes and colors and can really add to your overall palette and theme. They also help with portion control.
- Who doesn’t love cheese?! Cheese and charcuterie boards are a very easy, make ahead option for any event. Choose a variety of cheeses from different milk sources (goat, sheep, cow) and different textures (hard, soft, semi-soft). Build your board using our Slayte plates or melamine platters.
- If you really want to WOW your guests, consider offering a single bite appetizer that can be plated on one of our tasting spoons and then displayed on our tasting wall. This tasting wall can be the centerpiece show stopper on your food table.
Give us a call if you are still searching for the perfect display for your upcoming get-together. We are full of ideas and still have plenty of products available to make your holiday or New Year’s party a hit!